Sunday, June 12, 2011

James 4: 7-10

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, youdouble-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. -James 4:7-10


Paraphrase: Submit to God, Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands and purify your heart. Lament, mourn and weep. Let your laughter become mourning and joy become gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up.


Lessons Learnt: This is a beautiful verse as it says that if we submit to God and resist the devil, the devil will flee from us. We as servants of the Lord ought to be pure as we draw ourselves near to Him. We should humble ourselves as we approach him just as we are approaching the King of kings and Lord of lords. 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the wonderful people in church who shared their personal life testimony to me. Lord, as I continue to do my devotion Lord, as I try to draw myself near you, I pray that you also will draw me close to you. And cleanse me Lord that I my be presentable in your sight. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment