Monday, June 13, 2011

James 4:11-12

11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another? -James 4:11-12


Paraphrase: Do not speak evil about others. He who speak evil about his brother judges him, and speaks evil of the law and judges the law. If you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one judge, who is able to save and destroy. Who are you to judge others?


Lessons Learnt: We should not judge others whether by looks or by personality, because when we judge others, we put ourselves above them. But we are supposed to humble ourselves as we approach people. 


Prayer: Heavenly Father, I know that I have judged people in the past, and the present, and possibly the future, but Lord, help me to overcome and humble myself. That I will not judge the person as soon as I see him. Cause You are the only one who can deal out judgement. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment